Monday, July 6, 2009

The purse collection

I love purses, hand bags, whatever you want to call them. I can't get enough of them, and I secretly feel I need them in EVERY single color. Yes, I know, a bit obsessive. I am also picky- I like buttery leather (or really soft suede) that looks high quality, and I like the purse to be well designed and constructed. I don't however need the purse to be a particular designer or design house. I know a lot of girls who love Coach, Dooney and Burke, Louis Vuitton, etc. I think such purses are beautiful and well made, but I don't feel loyal to any brand.

Since I am also cheap and (usually) broke, and these qualities usually cost a lot, I don't buy purses as often as some of my friends. But I would like to think my collection is well edited and suits my taste and the rest of my wardrobe.

Check it out:

Nine West doctor's bag, found at TJ Maxx for only $30.


Nine West- I found this one years ago at Marshalls.


I found this one at Lane Bryant one time when I should have been shopping for a gift for my mom, haha.


This one was a gift from my sister at Christmas 2 years ago.


I have had this one forever- it only makes an appearance when I need a small black evening bag, since it has a bit of intricate beading.


This one was a gift from my sister in law. She loves Dooney and Burke.


This was a gift from my best friend Lauren- cute right?


Believe it or not, these are from Bath and Body Works. They came with little body lotions inside. I loved them so much I bought three- I didn't even care about the lotion inside, haha.


I found this one at the Wilson's Leather outlet when I was on a yellow kick. Too bad Wilsons is going out of business! This one has a wallet built in on the front of the purse. Convenient, but I don't use this one when I go to NYC or Philly or somewhere else crowded and busy, since the wallet could easily fall open if I wasn't careful.


My mom gave me this one- who knows where she got it, though. Doesn't it have a late 80s, early 90s vibe about it? I love over sized clutches, especially envelope style ones.


This is the one I blogged about recently in the piping post.


And this is the one I got recently at Topshop.


I realized only just now that I don't have too many wallets. I think this is because changing a purse is so much easier (for me) than changing a wallet. Also, sometimes I will use some of the small clutches pictured above as wallets. The Coach one was a gift from 4 girls I had as residents on my floor my senior year of college (I was an RA.) The orange and green ones I got at the Liz Claiborne outlet a year ago.


What do you think? Is there a certain style or color I am missing? Do you have a love for purses? Are you loyal to certain brands or stores? Share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment