Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My scarves



So I said I would post about the scarves I own- which are all pretty much gifts, except one.

This one was given to me by my mom- I think she figured I might need it as a shawl for a more formal event, but I tend to wrap it around more casually.


This one was a gift from my sister- I usually tie it to a brown purse.


This was another gift from my mom- it is from India. It is pretty thick so I will only be using it in the winter. But the colors are so vibrant, it will really jazz up an otherwise simple outfit.


This scarf is from Amalfi in Italy. It was given to my mom as a gift, and she passed it on to me.


This is the only one that was not a gift. I got it on one of my first trips to NYC. I bought it at the United Nations and it is from India.


This was yet another gift from my mom, and it was given to her before that. This one is from France. It is pretty heavy so it is reserved for use in colder months.



Since some of the scarves have "mature" patterns I try to wear them with simple tops in white, black or gray (men's undershirts are a favorite) and with "younger looking" jewelry to balance out the look.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment