Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I've finally done it

Hello Everyone! I have been trying to get this started for a while now- try months. My husband Chris is always saying, "So WHEN are you going to get on the whole blog thing" etc. I am always talking about it, but this is finally it. I have been reading a lot of blogs, trying to get ideas for what I want it to say, what I want it be like/about, and definitely what I DON'T want it to be.

I want this blog to have a lot of focus on fashion, but that does not have to be it. Fashion, to me, is an art. Many people do not understand fashion, they think in terms of "Do's" and "Don'ts." I will concede there are rules to fashion, just as there are certain rules in art in general. But sometimes it is ok for those rules to be broken. Sometimes, what comes down a fashion runway won't necessarily be worn on the streets or to work, and that is ok. It is ok to just appreciate fashion, even if it is not functional. That is how I view it at least.

Other ideas I have for this blog: I love thinking and planning when it comes to money and (my personal) financial situation. However, I could see where this could be limited, as I don't want to share too much information in that regard. I love thinking, planning, and researching health, wellness, exercise, and living more naturally and organically. (Although, I will admit, I don't always follow through. Maybe this blog will keep me accountable on that front?) I love travel, but I am not necessarily jetsetting all over the world, or the country for that matter (but only for lack of money.) I do go on short weekend trips to RI and NY often enough, and I have been to Italy and Canada. It sounds like I may have a male contributer- Bill- who will give us the guys perspective on many things, including fashion!

And of course, ideas and suggestions are welcome. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment